So, we have had an exceedingly busy last several weeks causing us to fall out of the blogging stratosphere for a little while.
Evan started a new job partnering with his good buddy Todd and establishing the Warren Dean Group. They are a multi-faceted business solutions consulting firm, and they have been unbelievably occupied with this endeavor. Evan has been in both Chicago and Cancun in the last three weeks.
I started teaching an Education course for Master's students at the University of Phoenix and have been struggling with intense nausea during the first trimester of my third pregnancy. The baby is due in May and we hope to find out the sex in mid-December, as long as the baby cooperates, of course. (Amelia was rather modest at her first sonogram and we only had an educated guess that the baby was likely a girl; Dylan had no problem letting us know that he was a boy.)
The nausea seems to have subsided as of yesterday, and I feel so much better that I thought I could even take a moment to update any of our readers who have been hanging in suspense wondering what in the world we have been up to. (I hope the two of you haven't been too miserable with anticipation.)
Amelia and Dylan are trudging along. Amelia still isn't certain that she's exactly crazy about school, but her complaints are fewer, most likely because she has figured out that if she completes her work at school none comes home to finish, except her reading assignments. But, she actually likes the little books for the most part and is really starting to decode the words, if she is in the mood.
Dylan and I are taking a Gym Time Parent-Toddler class on Tuesdays and a Kindermusic class on Thursdays, both of which he generally enjoys. I think he prefers running around the gym after balls and rolling hula-hoops, climbing through tunnels, and jumping ninja-style off of exercise trampolines to sitting in his music spot tapping music sticks or using egg shakers pretending to sing songs that he doesn't really know because we never listen to the CD.
And Evan is being Evan--working his tail off, keeping a hundred balls in the air, his eggs in several baskets...you pick the cliche.
We did have a Halloween, by the way. Amelia was a white rabbit, Dylan wore a pirate shirt because he decided 10 minutes before trick-or-treating that neither his Batman or Superman costumes were preferable.
Evan and I wore authentic, and rather stylish clothing, from the late 60s, early 70s, thanks to my parents. Evan donned a puffy black afro and John Lennon glasses along with my Dad's old bell-bottoms; a gauze, butterfly-collared shirt; and a sweet honey colored leather jacket. Starsky and Hutch watch out! Evan looked pretty cool.
I used my regular hair and a dress my mom made and wore back in the day that was long, printed and very hippy-ish. But, still, I had someone (who I think was probably not exceedingly observant) ask me what I was. Didn't the giant peace sign dangling from my neck say something?
Oh well. We took some pictures somewhere. I'll have to post them when I have more time.
That's all for now. Have a happy Thanksgiving (because it's likely I won't post again until after the holiday).
3 comments:
Congrats on kid #3! And good luck with the nausea--been there, done that, feel sorry for you every step of the way. Thanks for the update!
How exciting for a sweet new little one. Congrats with all your new news! I am glad you are feeling better! Miss you all!
See you have more than two readers after all!
Post a Comment