So, I decided that I need to write some posts in the form of public journaling for my own entertainment and possibly yours. It's not that I don't have enough to do or that I don't have any pictures to post. It's just that I like writing, even if it's really about nothing very significant, and the fact that I have to make it semi-public makes me pay more attention to what I say. It's the whole rhetorical triangle at work in my writing.
Yes, I taught AP classes for one too many years.
I really should be winding down, washing my face, brushing teeth...the whole bedtime routine, but I went to book club tonight and my mind is way too active to do any of that. And the fact that I am now engaging in a process that is just as, if not more, stimulating than discussing a book I just read means that I probably won't go to bed for a good hour.
Does warm milk really work as a sedative? Maybe some Chamomile tea... Wait. I am allowed an occasional muscle relaxer since I was in a car accident a few weeks ago. (A product of a red-light runner who rammed the back quarter panel of the 4Runner as I was leaving the Phoenix Zoo parking lot. She spun us about 180 degrees in the middle of the intersection. Not a fun day.)
But back to taking drugs to help me sleep. I need to clarify that I do not support recreational drug use in any form. But the occasional muscle relaxer for my already aching neck and lower back and my zip-zooming brain is acceptable in my circle.
My circle pretty much consists of me, by the way.
I don't think "zip-zooming" even remotely qualifies as a word.
Maybe I am tired.
6 comments:
Sorry to hear of your accident. Not sure the luck is in your favor when it comes to driving. Glad to see that you and the family are alive and well. But I will say that you crack me up. I love you. Thanks for the laugh with your journaling..
Warm milk only worked when I was under the age of ten and Christmas morning was imminent. Now? Not so much.
I'm sorry to hear about your accident too--at least it wasn't in a highly-trafficked area. How's the 4runner?
Carley-I'm glad that I can make you laugh and I love you too!
Karie-The 4Runner is repairable, thank heaven, and should be out of the shop in the next few days. Glad to know I can skip warm milk when searching for sedatives in the future.
So glad you are all safe Jayne. I haven't been on here in a long time, so I had a blast looking at all the photos of Mimi and Dylan. Please tell everyone I said hello and have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love and miss you all! :)
Ha...thanks for the laugh. And, I forgot to discuss the whole accident thing with you when we were together on Thanksgiving. I am so glad that everyone is alright. Love you:)
Post a Comment