(And I am blogging with one hand, nursing the baby with the other. TMI?)
Simon Dean Rogers was born on May 19, 2010 weighing 6 lbs. 14 oz. and measuring 20 inches long. It about half killed me to birth him as he came so quickly that there was no time for drugs. It was totally traumatizing, but I survived and can now commiserate with my sisters all over the world and in centuries past who had no other choice but to push their babies out sans drugs, and in huts and fields...and inflatable pools.
Just a side note: I was informed that as you push the baby out someone dubbed the sensation the "ring of fire". This to me sounds more like something entertaining and circus-like. I think a more appropriate name would be "someone took a blowtorch to your crotch". And the "discomfort" of contractions? Really? Discomfort? More like "insides hewn in several parts with a knife and fork."
Anyway...we are joyful...now.
I loaded these pictures with the most recent first, so they're backwards as you scroll down. And I'm not changing them (one-handed typing and all).
Here's our little prince at about 2 months.
He is really a great baby--smiles, laughs, eats, and SLEEPS!
This is how Amelia has amused herself while I'm nursing.
The three dudes doing what they love on a Sunday afternoon...
diminishing hair, but dang cute face!
a little more hair (yes, he's getting balder...more bald?)
Nice.
Nothing like a shiner to welcome a new little brother...
2 comments:
That baby is SO dang cute!! And I am SO, so, amazingly sorry you had to have that kid with out pain killers. I remember the pain being beyond anything I had ever before experienced before my epidural kicked in and I was so amazingly grateful. I think next time I'm gonna have them start the epi about a week before I'm due.... And WOW nice shiner!! He must be proud.
What great pictures! So happy to see your adorable family! What wonderful times. I love Mimi's outfit, looks like she could fit in just perfectly at our home. Simon is so perfect. Love you all!
Post a Comment