bliss

bliss

Thursday, June 12, 2008

We do not have a digital camera

We do not have a digital camera, which restricts the immediacy with which we can post our photos. So below are some relatively recent photographs that I had to scan. This explains their quality, or lack thereof. I am now committed to purchasing picture CDs when I develop film, and eventually purchasing a digital camera. (Here's a math problem and a query: How many picture CDs would equal the value of a digital camera? Is Jayne really being cost-effective here?)

Now for a few photographs:


Go figure. Dylan is 20 months old and loves wearing a tie. He wants to put one on with his t-shirts in the morning. I think the truth is that he adores Evan and wants to do whatever his daddy does. This includes using power tools, digging in the dirt, and driving the car. We let him do only one of those three things. You figure out which one.



Amelia turns five on June 30th. She is as spunky and spirited as we predicted her to be. When we named her "Amelia" we loved that it meant "independent" and "industrious".

What the heck were we thinking?

Actually, we'd much rather have her be this way rather than be a lump into which we are constantly trying to breathe life. Amelia exudes energy and vitality! She's the red balloon full of helium whose string we are currently hanging onto, even tying down sometimes. Someday it will be best to let go, but not for some time yet.

Check out her smirk.


And lastly, these bath-time pictures just crack me up. Dylan and his cousin Jared as "monkey" and "elephant" respectively.



3 comments:

~aileen~jaron~ said...

Welcome, Welcome!!! if you need anything, let me know. Im excited for you. It really is fun when you and have minute to put together for the bloging world!. I will be stalking you often :). Love you!

Katherine said...

I know exactly what Jared is doing with that trunk! Funny kids!

THE ROGERS FAMILY said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Your blog looks great but yur right...a digital camera will make things so much easier! Love you guys:)