bliss

bliss

Monday, December 8, 2008

So, again, I have no pictures. Or, a lament for rolls of film.

I have bad photograph Carma lately. The 35mm is on the fritz yet not irreparable, apparently. The problem is just that no one makes parts for the camera any more. But I might find them on eBay, said a helpful clerk.

Really.

ONLY DIGITAL they tell me in big red, flashing letters.

What is this? The 21st century or something?

What's wrong with old and out dated? It works for David Hasselhoff. He just keeps reinventing himself. Why can't the 35mm do that?

Oh. I guess that's what the digital cameras are, isn't it? A reinvented, sooped up 35mm.

The end result of this dilemma is that I have two borrowed digital cameras (Thank you, Dad and Aileen) but I'm not very good at using them (I am getting better), and the batteries keep running out or something. Probably, I neglected to push the "off" button, because you have to do that with these new fancy pants cameras.

Oh that "off" button! Why can't you just turn yourself off if you're so great, digital camera?!

The really good digitals cost a fortune and the ones I can actually afford don't take pictures like my old 35mm.

But alas, one day, I will convert.

I said that I would never stop pegging my jeans in junior high,

yet, I converted to boot cut in high school.

(And now the darned pegged jeans are back in fashion. So what the heck does that mean? Fashion is cyclical? What about cameras? Are they cyclical? I think technology is likely immune to the ways of La Mode. (Is it le mode? La moda? French? Spanish?)).

Man, now I've just confused myself with all of this parenthetical commentary.

I will accept a digital camera as my friend. I will accept a digital camera as my friend...

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Yes, please convert! I want to see pictures of your brown eyed babes.