OK. That often happens.
Anyway, Evan and I went to the Christmas party for his office in December. I stood there chatting with some of his work chums and saw out of the corner of my eye a couple of girls who looked really familiar.
As I turned my head to take in the full view I realized that I was looking at two former students who have now graduated from college and one of whom is employed in Evan's same company.
Now, I run into former students all of the time. I live right by ASU and we shop at the same stores and eat in the same restaurants. I even keep in regular contact with several of them. But to have them actually work where my husband is employed and communicate with him regularly on the phone is unexpected.
What a trip! Thankfully, Tera, pictured on the left, remembered to pull out a camera, to have Evan take our photo, and to email it to him at work. Ashley is on the right.
For the record, she also had her camera.
I made sure to teach my students to be responsible. I'm sure their preparedness was a direct result of my influence.
Or at least someone's influence.
There you have it. Once again, evidence that it is, indeed, a small world.

No comments:
Post a Comment