bliss

bliss

Friday, July 24, 2009

The two reasons it was difficult to go to England

Yep.
While we spent 13 days in England, Amelia and Dylan stayed at home with our very good friend Lynn, whom we adore and they call Nana.

I took these pictures the morning we left.
Then I looked at them once or twice during the 15 or so hour plane ride and cried on and off for its duration (I know, I'm a sap).

And then I looked at them repeatedly during the course of the trip without crying so much.

But it didn't help me maintain composure when we'd call home and Amelia would sob on the phone choking out, "I miss you."
Dylan talked to us a few times saying, "Hi. I'm Dylan."
It got better as the days wore on, on both sides of the ocean.
Amelia wouldn't cry but instead ask if we had found a Tom Kitten toy for her. We looked high and low and found Peter Rabbit, Jemima Puddle Duck, and Jeremy Fisher. But Tom Kitten would NOT be found. So when we came back, we ordered one from New Jersey.

By the way, this was what the children selected for their breakfast while we were busy with last minute packing that morning.



They were sorting the Reeses Pieces before they consumed them.

And after we came back, both indicated separately, and fervently, that we were not allowed to go on such a long trip ever again without taking them.
That's just fine with me.

No comments: