bliss

bliss

Friday, August 13, 2010

Simon's Blessing

Little Simon Dean was blessed on Sunday, the 25th of July, 2010.



We had a brief and amateur photo shoot before church that day. I opted for a little grey and white romper instead of the glowing white satin outfit that baby boys often don when they are christened or blessed mainly because he has these darling little black paten lace up shoes that are teeny tiny and I wanted him to wear them before his feet grew too big.



Yes, it was about the shoes, really. I can't help it. It's genetic.






Simon's cousin Kailyn met him for the first time that day. So we took a picture.


And several family members commented that Jacob (my sister Deb's son) looks a lot like an older version of Dylan.






They certainly know how to strike the same "Blue Steel."


My mom held Simon for a few moments and I happened to be holding the camera.



Honestly, there were so many people and crazy kids (see photo below) it was a little chaotic and my head was spinning from fatigue, so we didn't get as many shots as I would have liked.




I did at least get a picture of Amelia doing her current favorite activity. She'll only hold him for a little while though because she says, "Simon's going to break my arms off!" because he's soooo heavy. Apparently, hyperbole is also genetic.

Here is Evan reminding Dylan that running around like a maniac and shouting barbaric yawps with his cousins is not appropriate when people are trying to have a Sunday School class in the next room.

Here's our first family picture with Simon (including red eyes that my editing program won't take out without putting black marks on our faces).


The next day I found a spot of good light in the afternoon sun and put Simon in the same outfit Dylan wore laying on this blanket over three years ago. It was a favorite shirt and shorts combo for Dylan. And you can tell.
But a few hand-me-downs, wrinkled or not, never hurt anyone.








Peace.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

So beautiful, all of it! Such a happy day to have all your family around and all because of your sweet new little one. Such a happy day. Simon's little face and eyes are so captivating! You look as gorgeous as ever Jayne!