Right. So this is not Amelia dressed as the Easter Bunny. It's actually her Halloween costume because I am that slow with my blogging.
She was a darling rabbit this year--er, last year. She planned the whole costume and was convinced that she needed to have white booties of some sort to make rabbit feet. I tried to gently discourage this notion as it seemed to me highly unlikely that we would find any sort of footwear. But she was determined. So on a whim when we were at the mall together, we decided to look in Marshall's, a store known to carry all sorts of random apparel.
And lo and behold, there hanging amongst the glitter flip flops from last season and sundry slippers from this season were white fluffy booties in size two. Who knew? I will never doubt Amelia again. She has, without a doubt, inherited the shopping radar gene.
Simon was a ninja. And here he is, somewhat grumpy, standing in front of a pile of unfolded laundry. Not the most picturesque back drop I realize, but I have to catch this kid when I can get him or the photos might quickly become...
...this. He was in a mood that day.
I didn't even put on a costume this year. Well, check that, I wore an ASU sundevils t-shirt because it was game day. So I guess I was a Devils fan.
Dylan and Evan recycled costumes from years past. Evan was Clark Kent complete with the Daily Planet badge and glasses that everyone says are too cool for Mr. Kent. Dylan was Batman because he loves the costume and it still fits, thankfully. (That kid has grown about 4 inches in the last year, so pretty much nothing from the prior season fits any more!)
Ah yes, and jack o' lanterns...
I just write this stuff and take all the pictures, so who really cares what I look like?
But in the event that you are somehow wondering because you never see me pictured in most of the blog posts, or you just forgot: this is what I look like-- kneeling behind two grinning jack o' lanterns, next to my daughter, on my driveway.






2 comments:
Lovely to see you in a picture too! Such a cute family and great Halloween pictures! Caleb was terrified of the pumpkin guts. Our attempt at bonding thru family pumpkin carving was a total bust. lol
Ahhh darn. Well, there are many more years of pumpkin guts ahead, I'm sure.
Post a Comment