bliss

bliss

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Dylan's Daily Deeds

So Dylan is quite a character, as many of you know. He just hit his head on a large and jagged rock while we were camping over the Fourth of July weekend and has two black eyes, again. That is twice in three months. It seems like he just healed and then...here we go again. I'll make sure to post the horrifying photos of our little Neanderthal baby when I get them.

Besides hitting his head and creating gruesome bruises on himself, Dylan has spent his days this summer taking swimming lessons, drinking chocolate milk just to make a mustache, asking for apple juice, eating sugar straight from the bowl when I'm not looking, asking for "nandy" (you can translate, I'm sure), and looking cool in his tie on Sundays.
The following photos depict the aforementioned events:


Dylan was not crazy about swimming at first, mostly crying and saying "All done!" But with some consistency, and his Grandma Phillis' expertise, he became a bit more empowered by the experience. He can monkey walk along the pool side while he chants to himself, "two, three, two three". He gets the rings from the steps and, with help, can jump in and then turn and find the wall. Dylan is not a huge fan of putting his "eyes in" the water, but I'm guessing that the Rogers fish gene will kick into action in the coming summers.

That gene has already kicked in for Amelia. She loves to swim and thinks she's an expert. Here she is brandishing her latest claim from the bottom of the pool.

And then there's the chocolate milk mustache. This is a frequent occurrence during the week. Dylan and Amelia both think it's funny to look in the mirror after they've been chugging some chocolate goodness.


Lastly, there's Dylan in a tie. Gentleman's Quarterly, watch out.


1 comment:

Katherine said...

Dylan's hair looks like it is lighter (I almost wrote lightening) than before.

Lee