bliss

bliss

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dylan's trip to the dairy farm

I ran across these pictures that I haven't yet posted (I realize that I haven't posted much of anything the last little while--three kids are kicking my butt).

Anyway, Dylan and Simon and I went on a field trip for Dylan's preschool class in October to a local dairy farm. And it didn't stink, which was remarkable in my opinion. I think the neighbors actually liked having the dairy farm nearby.

Here's Dylan on the hay ride, learning about where food comes from and watching a lot of cows stand around. He gave me one of those painful I-don't-really-feel-like-smiling-for-a-picture faces because the stationary cows were much more interesting than I was apparently.



Here he is with his cousin Brody who, at times, found the hay more interesting than the cows.






Dylan's cousin Brooklyn came dressed in boots and braids and had no qualms about holding a chicken. At one point she held two of them simultaneously.




There was no love lost between Dylan and the chickens, but he was happy to pet the large black rabbit as long as it didn't move too much.



He did agree to feed the horse a bit of carrot mainly because all of the other kids were doing it and he didn't want to be left out. I was lucky to get this shot because he fed the horse and backed away faster than you can say "Dairy farms are cool."





After some flavored milk fresh from the farm and some puddle jumping and rock throwing, Dylan came over to me and said, "Mom, I'm done with this. Let's go home."
And we did.

No comments: