bliss

bliss

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Um, holidays I forgot to mention

I know, I know. I always start out with some disclaimer about how lame I am about posting regularly to this blog. So this time, I'm just going to say that I am lame at posting but awesome at other things. What those other things are is a seldom divulged secret. In fact, I'm not sure that I even know what they are.


I figured that it is important to record some details about Simon's first Halloween, even though he really didn't do much to celebrate the day or even care that it was Halloween. Nonetheless, this is what we did.


We put Simon in a pumpkin hat and onesie. We skipped a full blown costume, but his striped pants had a jack-o-lantern applique on the bum. This was festive enough, I say.


A week before the big day, we started the Halloween preparations by frosting cookies. These are the bat cookies that I did. The kids did the rest and they got scarier and scarier as we went: eyeless Frankenstein heads, sugared and sprinkled purple and green pumpkins, orange and white ghosts with three eyes and more sugar and sprinkles, half-frosted, unidentifiable shapes. You get the idea.




Then of course we carved pumpkins. Evan is always the designated carver and gut remover.

This is the face Dylan wanted carved on his pumpkin.


And this is how it turned out.


Not bad.

Amelia drew the face for her jack-o-lantern and directed all of the carving.




And her finished product...


We plopped the jack-o-lanterns out in front of the door and lit them up each night until Halloween.

Here are the three munchkins donning their costumes for the Saturday night Halloween party. There was clearly a Batman theme this year. Amelia actually had a really cute sparkling pink mask that finished off her Batgirl costume, but she chose to use Dylan's extra mask instead.
She's so conflicted.

To this same party, I wore a green t-shirt that said "Good Witch" on it and threw black cat ears on my head. It was called "thrown-together-at-the-last-minute."

Evan wore swim trunks, a surf t-shirt, his shaggy blond surfer's wig and a fake tattoo sleeve. He had his beard still grown out so we dubbed him "What might have been."

Stay tuned for the Christmas report...

likely to appear in June.


1 comment:

Flutterby said...

I know:
Awesome Mom
Awesome photographer (love your pics)
Awesome person.
Yup. Other Awesomes are out there too.