Our kindergartner claims to be the second oldest in his class. Sometimes he says he's the third oldest, and sometimes he says he's the 100th oldest.
Dylan tends to exaggerate, elaborate, or fabricate much of what he initially tells us.
He eventually comes clean.
And, Dylan turned six in September.
He was especially excited to receive a "fragile" train as one of his gifts. These are supposed to be for kids five and older, according to Dylan (the box says eight and up), which means "Simon, no touchy."
But you can imagine how well that goes over.
He also opened a Power Rangers Gigazord...I think that's what it is called. And his expression aptly conveys his response to the gift.
We threw a totally insane birthday bash at the end of the month for Dylan, complete with bouncing water slip n' slide mayhem in the front yard. It made a muddy mess of our grass, and the party guests, but they had a riotous blast.
The wet bounce house made up for the Power Rangers pinata, which was a complete flop. Dylan hit it once and it broke off the rope still in tact. Then, after some quick re-rigging by Evan (bless him!), it lasted a couple more hits and then exploded. So all of maybe two kids got to hit it. The dumb thing only held two pounds of candy and I had extra on hand, but some kids still didn't get very much. We were pulling out taffy from last Christmas that I meant to throw away and all sorts of random candy to make sure that everyone got something. I considered handing out gummy vitamins, because who can really tell the difference? But we were out.
Ugh. Lesson learned: purchase a giant, durable, pinata next time, regardless of the theme, or skip it all together.
I can't believe this kid is six.
He has become a funny, wiggly, bright and creative boy.
Evan and I couldn't ask for a better Dylan.













No comments:
Post a Comment