Phil and Jessica were married on March 30th at Rustler's Rooste. And Jessica invited the three flower-girl-age princesses to be part of her wedding party. Amelia was ecstatic.
Here they are (Amelia, Brooklyn, and Chloe) all dolled up and looking out the hotel room window with their ringleted locks. Surprisingly, they each sat very still and waited patiently for each curl to be formed. (The moms worked fast...)
The best photo I took all weekend...
Amelia had a horrible blister on her toe by the end of the day, but she walked out, once again with the wedding party and braved the pain. Then she burst into tears when she found me. We covered her foot in bandages and she went barefoot for some of the night. She reported that she would not be afraid to dance in front of of people and...
she wasn't.
It was quite a night for Amelia.
Dylan was a little bummed that he didn't get to wear a matching outfit with his dad like Amelia did, so I made sure that he and Simon and I matched each other with our navy blue ensembles. He liked that.
Evan performed the marriage. It was an awesome experience.
And then he got down with his robot...
I love dancing, but Simon protested with wild screams any time I neared the dance floor and wouldn't let me put him down. So I took a picture of the two of us standing by watching everyone bust a move.
Then there was Easter Sunday at my parents' house, the final leg of the weekend. I didn't get out my camera to take any egg hunting photos. Josh did that, so hopefully, we'll have a few shots eventually.
This is a favorite activity for the grand kids: the basket drop. I am fairly certain that Kassie gets credit for its initial construction The game consists of tying a jump rope to a basket and lowering it down to cousins who wait below. Into it they put all sorts of surprises and then the basket goes back up. You might be surprised how long the kids can do this.
Clark waited for his turn...
Dylan and sundry boys deciding what to put in the basket...
Jacob, close-up and blurry (but still photogenic).
Jared, close-up
Jared, close-up with candy
I look at this picture and stop wondering why everyone thinks I am older than my sister. Shiny skin, large pores? That would be me, not Deb, even though she is older by two and a half years.
Time to to change activities... Here's my mom who has successfully encouraged at least one grandchild to sing while she plays the piano. The rest quickly disappeared...
And, yes, she is wearing two sets of glasses instead of bifocals. That's my mom.
Kassie after singing...
Katherine and JD...
Mark...
Oliver...
Waiting for the basket again...
In the end, there was a three-day mess to clean up, which took the efforts of several adults to tackle.
Bryan cleaning up the gloves...
Clark getting water...
Evan cleaning up...
Josh cleaning up...
And I took a few pictures...
Well, only for a bit. Then I dug in as well.





























No comments:
Post a Comment