Somehow, I neglected to post the following pictures prior to now. This is evidence of the near chaos that seems to characterize our life currently. We are searching for Thoreau's simplicity, desperate for things to slow down a bit, but to no avail. So I apologize to the two of you who once in a while check this blog to see if I have updated anything. I have been disappointingly neglectful of this little space.
(Here's to hope: I do feel a bit of marathon blogging coming on...)
Emily, our neighbor, and Amelia purchased matching swimming suits from Target this summer. To be fair, Emily had it first and with her permission, we bought one for Amelia.
Dylan playing with the hose...he was spraying everyone and then it mysteriously shut off
and then on again...
Of course, Simon was the faucet tampering culprit...
In May, we attended the first ever Lucky Sevan Surf School for girls. Evan has been taking the boys for the last seven years and had been hoping to take a girls group for some time. This was the year.
I went along with the kids. It was an awesome experience for the girls and the mentors and my children. Yet, I was honestly ready to pull my hair out by the end of the week managing three children at the beach basically by myself. (I am considering my sanity and the wisdom of staying home next year, although it is, without a doubt, an inspired and incredible experience for all who participate.)
Our kids love the beach, mostly.
Amelia does admit that the sand gets a little old after a while and she's tired of finding it lining the bottom of her bathing suit.
Dylan does log rolls in the sand, so I'd safely say he has no problem with it.
And Simon is happy as long as he doesn't get it in his eyes or nose or mouth, which he eventually does at least once a trip.
In a few years, Amelia will be one of the Lucky Sevan girls...












No comments:
Post a Comment