bliss

bliss

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Four.

He's made it to four without significant head trauma or any broken limbs.  Our little wild man, Simon Dean, has mellowed a bit with age and has really become a delightfully playful, generous, gregarious and inquisitive kid.  And we adore him!

Here he is on his early birthday present which he calls his racing bike.  I have no idea why he would call it that...


And opening presents before school on his birthday...




He REALLY wanted this Hungry Hungry Hippos game, so it was probably the highlight of the morning and the reason the kids were late to school because they demanded a quick round before Evan dropped them off.




We had a little birthday gathering with friends and family at Riverview Park later that day, which was the Monday of the last week of school.  It was a wild week for everyone and we are so glad so many came to celebrate with us.  I couldn't get my camera to cooperate very well.  It was a lighting issue I'm sure (translate that to I really don't know how to use my camera very well and that's closer to the truth).  The evidence is below with these incredibly blurry shots...


So hereafter appear birthday phone pictures.  And they're not the worst ones I've taken.

Here he is eating cake surrounded by siblings, cousins, friends, and siblings of friends.  

(We invited families rather than just the little preschool age party guest simply because as one friend put it, "Riverview Park is a lawsuit waiting to happen, so go there before it gets shut down." 
We opted to have extra parents around to watch the little party-ers and offered dinner as an added bonus.)





Opening presents...




Telling his cousin Brody just how to fly one of said presents...


And climbing a tree...because, well, he thought it was more fun than the splash pad, which he didn't even attempt to touch, not even once.


That's our boy.

No comments: